6 January 2015

Mart Gallery - Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall, Anchorage, AK

The Mart Gallery posts will feature facilities where I’ve never been and for which I do not own a mallmanac. Despite having no personal connection to these centers, I’ve always found their footprints to be of interest. That being said, I won’t have a lot to say on an anecdotal level about these malls, so I’ll just let their designs speak for themselves.

 
 
5th Avenue Mall Leasing Plan, ca. 2010. View the full PDF version for the first level, the second level, the third level and the fourth level.

Downtown vertical centers can be hit or miss with me, but this one I like. It’s simple and compact, with a more diverse array of shopping choices than other centers of this genre. It seems to have a stable couple of anchors, including suburban mall staple JCPenney and my hometown upscale, Nordstrom, which is one of the reasons that 5th Avenue is considered Alaska’s premiere center.

 
Simon’s online directory of 5th Avenue Mall from the mid 2000s.

Opening Date- 1 August 1987
Gross Leasable Area- 447,000 square feet
Tiers- Four
Anchors- Two
Spaces- 110

 
 
5th Avenue Mall Leasing Plan, ca. 2013. View the full PDF version for the first level, the second level, the third level and the fourth level.

Owner- Simon Property Group
Location- 320 West 5th Avenue
Online- Official Website


Site plan for the Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment